Welcome back kids.
Now that most of the Gonzo Compadres have recovered from their varietal trips to SXSW, we’re back and getting down to it. Well most of us anyway. John is in Hotlanta this weekend for Wrestlemania. Its his first trip to the big event despite a lifelong obsession with the squared circle.
Sure, the Final Four is this weekend, and we’ll be keeping an eye on that, but we’re Geeks. We still enjoy the glory of the squared circle too.
Well, maybe not as much as we did before the McMahonopoly homogenized the product to the point of monotony, but still, its the biggest weekend of the year for fans of rasslin’ and/or sports entertainment.
Ms. Stratus began her career as a fitness model (whatever that means) in Canada before making the move to the WWF/E. There she donned a trench coat, cowboy hat and the managerial reins of the infamous tag team T&A (subtle Vince). In the anything goes Attitude Era, Trish often found herself in the middle of very sexually oriented storylines. I would imagine an entire generation of American boys hit puberty when she debuted the Stratusfaction.
After a very successful WWE career, Trish retired, sort of. She’s making a return to the “E” next week as one of the coaches on Tough Enough, the WWE’s answer to The Ultimate Fighter. Watch as Trish, Steve Austin, Booker T and Hugh Morrus (really??) train the next generation of WWE talent.
No word yet on who will give them their buzzcuts and tribal tats.
On to the links.
- J.R. Comments on Trish Stratus’ Wanting Chyna in the WWE HOF (klqwrestling.com)
- Trish Status Says Chyna Should Be Inducted Into The WWE Hall of Fame (klqwrestling.com)
- Trish Stratus: 50 Hottest Photos Of Former WWE Diva On The Net (bleacherreport.com)
- WrestleMania 27 Predicitions: Who Wins on Wrestling’s Biggest Stage? (bleacherreport.com)
- HnH on Wrestlemania. (heelsnheroes.wordpress.com)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 3/25/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 3/18/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 3/11/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)
- GWAR Vocalist Propositions Fans Who Vote For the Band in Revolver Awards (noisecreep.com)
Filed under: Bruce, Cheesecake, Chris, Comics, Contributors, Features, General Geekery, Gonzo, LinkFrogging, Movies, Music, Sports, Superhero, Television, Things That Will Make Your Life Better, Wrestling Tagged: | 1560 The Game, AFLAC, Albert, AMC, anarchists, anarchy, Animal House, Atlanta, Attitude Era, Booker Huffman, Booker T, Cheap Trick, David Cantu, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Final Four, Ghostbusters, Gilbert Gottfried, Houston Press, Hugh Morrus, james bond, Jennifer Finch, Jesus Lizard, Jon Hamm, Jonah Hill, KGOW, LinkFrogging, Lollapalooza, Mad Men, mass transit, paparazzi, Sesame Street, Sharks, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Sucker Punch, SXSW, T&A, Test, The Big Lebowski, The Dude, The Sex Pistols, The Ultimate Fighter, Tough Enough, Trish Stratus, Vince McMahon, World Wrestling Entertainment, Wrestlemania