As always, we begin our journey by fortifying ourselves with a piece of cheesecake. This week, at Chris’ request, that cheesecake is Padma Lakshmi, the host of Top Chef on The Food Network. I have to be honest and say I’m curious to see what kind of traffic the combination of cheesecake and Padma Lakshmi drives.
Padma’s geek credentials are strong. Besides her work on The Food Network, she has been a runway model, the love interest in an EELS music video, Sean Bean’s nemesis in Sharpe’s Challenge and, perhaps most importantly, an alien princess on Star Trek: Enterprise.
It’s good to be Scott Bakula.
Oh, and she was married to Salman Rushdie.
On with the links.
- Chicago Tribune columnist literally eats his words re: Bulls C Joakim Noah.
- Between Two Ferns with Zack Galifanakis, the best talk show EVER schools Conan.
- The 100 Greatest Quotes from The Wire.
- Newsweek presents the decade in 7 seconds.
- Smart guys fight over football; Malcom Gladwell puts the hurt on a reviewer over QBs and draft status.
- A trailer for a movie where Manny Pacquiauo fights a giant crab.
- College football play of the year from Bethel College in Kansas.
- Commonsense? Conservatism? Verbal tic?
- Microsoft blows a software rollout? No way!
- Stephe’s a Trekkie…ummm…Trekker.
- E*Trade baby outtakes. Funnier than you think.
- Bacon Envelopes. Thank you science.
- Humorous bailout rant.
- Interview with Lemmy. \m/
- Robot band.
- Rescuing the horns for metal. See above.
- That’s both gross and wrong. More wrong, but still gross.
- More cryptozoology.
- Our obligatory Twilight link of the week.
- And I’ve read two.
- And I drafted two.
- I’m pretty sure the word you’re looking for is treason.
- Disturbing XBox 360 story #1.
- Disturbing XBox 360 story #2.
- NO! REALLY!
- And, finally, Jon Stewart once again delivers the truth. This time about Nancy Grace.