When Black Friday comes
I’m gonna dig myself a hole
Gonna lay down in it
‘Til I satisfy my soul
Gonna let the world pass by me
The Archbishop gonna sanctify me
And if he don’t come across
I’m gonna let it roll
When Black Friday comes I’m gonna stake my claim
I guess I’ll change my name.
– Steely Dan, “Black Friday”
Well, now that we’re all sated on turkey, football and bargain crazed shopping, let’s give thanks that its once again Friday and time for us to our trip through the tubes. I’m most thankful that my fellow GonzoGeeks got their links in to me before they disappeared for the holidays. We’ve got some good stuff here today kids, so hang on.
Of course, before we serve up the links, we have to serve up the cheesecake. This week, we decided it was time to go retro once again. Stephe and I decided that we could think of no vintage cheesecake more appropriate for the day after Thanksgiving than Loni Anderson. Why? Because of the legendary “Turkey Drop” episode of WKRP in Cincinnati, that’s why. Loni tweaked the dumb blonde secretary stereotype magnificently on WKRP and in this episode especially. Don’t know what I’m talking about? CLICK HERE.
In the meantime, enjoy the links.
- The early days of some of your favorite websites.
- Iraqi Metal.
- The BIG Boom (scroll down).
- Translation be fun time to me.
- Ms. Couric, your freak is showing.
- Rob Schneider vs. radio imbeciles.
- Stephe’s lone contribution of the week. Its even in English this time.
- The dangers of MMORPGs exposed.
- Another chimp attack victim goes on Oprah.
- Cool pictures of vintage girl bands.
- As the 00’s come to a close the “best of” lists have started to roll in.
- This week’s gratuitous Twilight post #1.
- Gotcha? You betcha.
- Even when Hulk Hogan is playing air guitar on the title belt?
- How to pick cereal.
- This week’s obligatory Twilight post #2.
- Just in time for Black Friday, what not to buy in 2009.
- 25 scariest moments in non-horror movies.
- It’s evolution baby!
- Rock Band reaches 1001 song catalog. Take that Creed!
- This is as close as I will ever come to watching a Lifetime movie.
- At long last, Angelina Jolie weighs in on POTUS. America can sleep better tonight.
- The Most Brutal Martial Arts Training…EVER.
- I fail to see the problem.
- But who will correct and/or hack the entries?
- And finally, David’s Iraq deployment blog.