Its been a busy week here at GonzoGeek (well, at least for me). We’ve gathered our links and now I’m ready to lay them on you.
But before I do that, let me introduce you to this week’s cheesecake. Please say hello to Yvonne Strahovski. Yvonne plays Sarah the sultry superspy (isn’t alliteration fun) on NBC’s Chuck. For all the flak NBC has taken this week, their handling of Chuck at the end of last season should be applauded. A bubble show, Chuck, has/had a very loyal fanbase and NBC listened to them. Chuck got renewed for a third season. That season is underway on Mondays. Maybe Conan should have called Yvonne.
On with the links.
- LBJ orders pants, burps and uses the word “bunghole,” not necessarily in that order.
- Jim Carrey Emanates Pure Love (it does what it says on the tin).
- Following last week’s Pete Carroll profile with another great one from the archives. Michael Lewis (The Blind Side, Moneyball) on Mike Leach.
- ESPN Ombudsman Don Ohlmeyer breaks down how poorly the network handled the Mike Leach situation.
- Marvin Harrison’s post-NFL gangster life.
- Our very own Aamir on Sirius’ Rosie Radio.
- Rockford, Illinois’ finest: Live from ’78.
- Emails from an asshole.
- Jerked to a standstill.
- David’s Iraq deployment blog.
- You’re not as good at Tetris as you think you are.
- 108 Man Battle Royal (part 1)!
- Air America is grounded…permanently.
- Some people never learn from their past mistakes.
- Shine on you crazy diamond!
- Turns out Hot Topic overestimated the Twilight t-shirt market.
- The first rule of Comic Book Fight Club? You don’t link to Comic Book Fight Club.
- My adventures as a t-ball coach.
- Does the Kindle beat buying books?
- If there is any justice, THIS will be the winner of “best original song” at this year’s Oscars.
- Conan sticks it to NBC for an extra $1.5 mil.
- Well reasoned and argued. Leno still sucks.
- And finally, get off the damned phone and pay for your groceries!