Welcome back to our weekly stroll through the back alleys of the internet as hosted by the gang here at GonzoGeek. As always, we seek to entertain and enlighten (enlightertain? enterlighten?).
As is the tradition around here, before we begin our journey we must introduce this week’s tour guide (also known in these parts as cheesecake). This week, that honor goes to Mariska Hargitay.
Why you may ask? Well, let me tell you. Stephe suggested that we post someone whose show got cancelled because of the Jay Leno experiment. We’d already done that. Or, someone whose show was coming back as a result of the failure of the Jay Leno experiment. I went the next step and suggested someone whose show was going back to its rightful timeslot.
For what its worth, Mariska had some less than pleasant things to say about Law and Order – SVU’s ratings decline as a result of its time change.
And just as an aside, given who her mother was, you’d think it would be easier to find really good cheesecake photos of Mariska.
On to the links.
- Take the work out of your workday. Thanks Erin Lee!
- Quite possibly, the best intro video IN ALL OF SPORTS!
- The Wire with a laugh track.
- Nick Kroll, one of the funniest men you don’t know yet, as Bobby Bottleservice, pitching t-shirt ideas for MTV’s Jersey Shore.
- Yes, we have a heart.
- Who knew YouTube had a partisan agenda.
- Perspective, lost.
- Clearly stated healthcare ideas.
- Hey now baby, climb into my big black car.
- The iPad revealed.
- The IPad predicted…in 2005.
- Counterpoint…and what’s its battery life again?
- Get your wings.
- The Pussy-Faced Loser strikes again.
- Yeah, this guy didn’t really like the new Legion flick. As an aside, John never got to curse like this in print like this during his college newspaper days. In the office sure, but never in print. Harrumph!
- RJ didn’t think much of Legion either.
- Wrestling needs more promos like this.
- And this!
- A little promotion for John’s favorite blog covering his favorite sports team ever…
- And a little love for his adopted AL team. Baseball bloggers sure like numbers.
- And a little promotion for his buddy’s weekly Atlantic Division notebook. It almost makes me want to try watching hockey. Almost.
- A Star Trek MMORPG? I weep for the future.
- Big Lebowski haiku.
- The NFL exerts a copyright claim on the phrase “Who Dat!” Really NFL? Really? Dumbasses!
- Check out how this weatherman measures snowfall.
- Top 15 movies about life in suburbia.
- David’s Iraq deployment blog.
- More insight on why Letterman and Leno hate one another.
- And finally, a friend of the blog weighs in on Saint pride in Louisiana. WHO DAT!
2 thoughts on “Friday LinkFrogging – 1/29/10”
Mariska Hargitay is a beautiful woman in all the aspects. And is talented.
Nice choice, even on purely aesthetic values. I’ve long felt some combination of her name and never having played a bmbo have conspired against Ms. Hargitay’s pin-up potential.