It’s confession time from your dear old editor.
This week I was going to make Hollywood’s favorite octogenerian comeback kid, Betty White, our cheesecake. She was on Community last night and that’s really all of the hook I needed to justifty the pick. I even joked that I would try to make all of the links Betty White related. Given the amount of press Betty’s gotten in the last 18 months, I could have done it.
But I didn’t.
I did a quick scan of the movies opening this week, and, well, Kristen Bell won out.
Does it help that Betty White is in You Again too?
Ms. Bell first hit our pop culture radar as the title character on Veronica Mars. Then she broke out of the CW ghetto and put her good girl image aside to do the horizontal mambo with Russell Brand in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. She played the sole female in the band of geeks in the cult classic Fanboys (in which she donned Princess Leia’s iconic metal bikini) and took a turn as Elle, the lightning lass, on NBC’s Heroes.
Since then she has been trying to take the Meg Ryan crown, starring in a series of middling romantic comedies and dating Dax Shephard.
Yeah, we don’t get him either.
On to the links.
It was bound to happen. Disney negotiating Marvel theme park…at EuroDisney? (COMIC RELATED HAT TRICK!)
- Kristen Bell, Betty White & Jamie Lee Curtis Cover ‘AARP’ (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Review: Even Betty White Can’t Save You Again (eonline.com)
- Betty White to Kristen Bell: You’re A Cackling Hyena! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Everybody Loves Betty (laist.com)
- Big Bang Theory: I’ll See Your Betty White, And Raise You An Eliza Dushku (tvbythenumbers.com)
- First Look: Betty White On ‘Community’ (pinkisthenewblog.com)