There is nothing quite like a weekend amongst your own kind to really make you appreciate things like our little corner of the internet here.
Stephe and I will be reporting on our adventures in the wilds of the Austin Comic Con soon, but let me just say it was fun. From aging television stars to costumes to fine tequilas, we had a blast.
It made the real world all the more difficult this week.
I’ve salved my soul with Bruce Springsteen‘s new release, The Promise, and the search for the perfect cheesecake for this week’s entry.
I thought about using the now “of age” Emma Watson, but let’s be honest, that still seems pervy.
A couple of movies opened last week. There was Morning Glory starring candidate, Rachel McAdams.
I guess you can tell who won out.
I was conflicted so I discussed the choice with fan/handmodel, David Cantu (@davebot5k). We agreed that Ms. Dawson had the higher geek cred.
Don’t believe me? Check out her resume.
She’s also appeared in Men in Black II, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Sin City and Josie and the Pussycats.
She’s made movies with Iron Man, the Rock, Stifler, Donkey,the Hulk and Bullseye.
All this and she’s a huge comic book geek, having created and published her own book a few years ago.
Yes, Ms. Dawson is a card carrying geek girl and a welcome addition to the gallery.
On to the links.
Future douche-bag-no-longer-inhabiting-this-planet. (FUTURISTIC HAT TRICK!)
Five geek TV shows that failed to live up to their opening credits. (NUMBERED LIST HAT TRICK!)
- Rosario Dawson Wanted ‘Unstoppable’ Character To Be ‘Composed’ (mtv.com)
- Rosario Dawson Is Hot (derekhail.com)
- Rosario Dawson Horse Face on TV of the Day (drunkenstepfather.com)
- Emma Watson: ‘Harry Potter’ NYC Promo Tour! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Fun Facts about ‘Harry Potter’ Star Emma Watson (extratv.warnerbros.com)
- ‘Walking Dead’ comic creator Robert Kirkman talks about last night’s episode, ‘Tell It to the Frogs’ (popwatch.ew.com)
- TCU “Probable” to Big East, Along with Central Florida and Temple (bleacherreport.com)
- Rosario Dawson a Trekkie? (ontheredcarpet.com)