Welcome to December.
We’re back, and more importantly, back on time.
Tis the season to shop early, often and excessively.
Lucky for you, our weekly trip around the internet is still free of charge and full of cheer.
Last week was Black Friday. This Friday is Black Swan.
Yes, that as another of my patented ham-handed segues.
Say hello to this week’s cheesecake, Princess Amidala herself, Natalie Portman.
Ms. Portman belongs to that subset of cheesecake that I like to refer to as inevitable (see also – Aniston, Jennifer). That simply means that I knew we’d get around to featuring her, I just didn’t know when.
Ms. Portman jumped into the collective geek consciousness with her role as an orphan/assassin-in-training in Leon. She became an objection of affection and/or obsession as Timothy Hutton’s muse/Lolita in the tragically overlooked Beautiful Girls.
Still, it was her role as Vader’s moll, Amidala, that really sealed the deal for the geekosphere.
Her new movie, Black Swan, opens today. She plays a ballerina toying with her dark side in preperation for a role in Swan Lake opposite previous cheesecake, Mila Kunis.
And all of this just in time for Christmas.
On to the links.
Is it really a stretch that the child of Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston might be out of control? (BAD PARENTING HAT TRICK)
- ‘Black Swan’ Premieres In NYC (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Natalie Portman Dazzles in Black Swan (newser.com)
- Crush This: Natalie Portman And Kirsten Dunst Battle At The Box Office (crushable.com)
- ‘Black Swan’ Cheat Sheet: Everything You Need To Know (mtv.com)
- Mila Kunis: Black Swan Intimate Scene Challenges (rightcelebrity.com)
- AD&D Monster Manual part 16 from SAVE OR DIE! (mahney.blogspot.com)
- I Guess PETA Has Pretty Much Left Louisiana Alone…. (bohemianknitter.blogspot.com)
- TCU moving to Big East, starting in 2012 (philly.com)
- Pocket Frogs hits 3 million downloads, 350k daily active users (tuaw.com)