I love movies.
I always have.
I enjoy the experience of going to the movies. The darkness of the theater. The story unfolding on the big screen.
I also love living in an age where you can catch up on movies you may have missed in the comfort of your own home. Sometimes that’s all the energy you’ve got.
Late last year I started thinking about a group of movies I’ve never seen all the way through. You know the kind. You’ve seen most, if not all, in pieces over the course of your life, but you’re sure the narrative would make a LOT more sense if you finally sat down and watched them all the way through the way they were intended.
I compiled my list and decided to make this the year I see a large swath of the movies that haunt the fringes of my geekdom.
Here then, in no particular order, dear reader(s), are the 11 movies I’ve decided I will see by the end of the year. Reviews, of course, will accompany.
Please direct any snide comments below.
On to the list…
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- On the Waterfront
- The Sting
- The Great Escape
- The Godfather Part 2
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Midnight Cowboy
- The French Connection
I’ve already managed to capture three of the suspects on my DVR. Time to start watching.
- Redford: ‘I still want to act’ (hollywood.com)
- Film: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (americanthings.wordpress.com)
- Consumers Bullish on Movies in 2011 (prweb.com)
- The Top 10 Movies of 2011 (So Far) (jeffstrand.wordpress.com)
- Surely you can’t be serious? Airplane! returns to the big screen! (gadling.com)
- The Golden Raspberry Awards Of 2011 (blazingminds.co.uk)