I don’t know about you, but this weekend couldn’t have come any sooner.
If life is a juggling act, I’ve been struggling to keep all my balls in the air this week.
I’ll pause here whilst you make your own jokes.
Okay, moving on.
Our ongoing cold snap has passed and left us with days in the 70s. Perfect weather to bring out the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
I have to honest here. I didn’t realize this thing was still such a big deal. Of course, I’m the same guy who used last year’s covergirl as cheesecake last week so maybe I’m not quite as clueless as I’d like to pretend.
All that having been said, its time to introduce you to this week’s cheesecake, even though she really needs no introduction.
Say hello to “the Body,” Elle MacPherson.
That picture right up there is my first real memory of the Swimsuit Issue.
She tried her hand at acting in movies like Sirens, If Lucy Fell and the underrated, The Edge. She was also in Batman and Robin, but I think we can all agree that the less said about that the better. She even appeared for a few episodes as Joey’s roommate/girlfriend on Friends.
These days she is the face and body of Elle MacPherson Intimates. You can thank me for THAT link later.
On to the links.
- The Sports Illustrated 2011 Swimsuit Issue is here. What’s the history behind it? (slate.com)
- Elle Macpherson: ‘I Eat Like It’s Going Out of Fashion’ (stylelist.com)
- Irina Hosts a Party to Celebrate Her Swimsuit Issue Cover With Brooklyn, Chrissy, and More (popsugar.com)
- Irina Shayk Is The 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Model (theoriginalwinger.com)
- Get the Look: Elle Macpherson’s School Run (fitsugar.com)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 2/11/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 2/4/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)