A tremendous Friday to you all.
Yes, I just dropped some Rome on you. What can I say? Its Smackoff Friday and I just back to the office after running some errands. The calls were well above par so far and if there’s anything we like here, its good smack.
Well, that and cheesecake.
See what I did there?
Clever, I know.
While you sit there dazzled by epic wordplay, say hello to this week’s cheesecake, Jennifer Garner.
Ms. Garner stars opposite Russell Brand in the new version of Arthur that opens today. I’m frankly sick of the commercials and ready for this thing to hit the screen already. I’ve never been sure that there was a need to remake Arthur in the first place. Dudley Moore knocked that one out of the park like an 8-year-old did to my machine pitch team last night…3 times.
Still, despite my misgivings on the remake, Ms. Garner’s geek cred is solid. She began her career playing a scantily clad spy in Alias. Then she moved on, showing her range by playing a leather clad ninja in both Daredevil and Elektra. She took a swing at Tom Hanks‘ Big with 13 Going on 30 and helped out a girl in trouble in Juno.
One final thought on the Arthur remake.
Right now, the best that we can do is hit the links.
- “Arthur” Trailer [Starring Russell Brand, Jennifer Garner, Helen Mirren] (popcrunch.com)
- Doug & the Movies: ‘Arthur’ ()
- Jennifer Garner ‘very familiar’ with Brand’s anatomy (ctv.ca)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 3/11/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)
- New at Reason: Kurt Loder on Arthur (reason.com)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 1/28/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)
- Friday LinkFrogging – 4/1/11 (gonzogeek.wordpress.com)
- Crawler Face-off: Xenu vs. Screaming Frog (mt-soft.com.ar)
- Crawler Face-off: Xenu vs. Screaming Frog (seomoz.org)